City of Port Angeles: Website
City of Port Angeles: Boards Application
City Seeking Applicants – Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
The City of Port Angeles is accepting applications to fill positions on the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (LTAC). The LTAC is an advisory group that makes recommendations to the City Council on activities and/or facilities to be funded by lodging excise tax revenues.
The committee has representatives who serve on behalf of activities funded by lodging excise tax, representatives who serve on behalf of those who collect lodging excise tax, as well as community members-at-large. Members serve in a volunteer capacity for one-year terms, and meetings are held on an as-needed basis.
How to Apply:
Download an application and supplemental questionnaire below, or pick one up from the City Manager’s Office in City Hall.
For more information contact City Clerk Jennifer Veneklasen at 360-417-4634 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be received by June 1, 2018.
Source: City of Port Angeles Website
The Boards, Commissions and Committees & Descriptions
Civil Service Commission
Lodging Tax Advisory Committee
Parks, Recreation & Beautification Commission
Port Angeles Forward Committee
- Foster private sector investment in Port Angeles.
- Facilitate input from stakeholders to create a consensus, strategy, and vision for development and implementation of a Port Angeles Forward Master Plan.
- Provide Communication between stakeholders.
- Recommend actions to encourage private investment and stimulate the economy and livability of the community.
- Identify and resolve barriers that adversely impact the ability to achieve committee goals.
Port Angeles Forward Committee is charged with the implementation of the local planning effort for the revitalization of downtown Port Angeles, which includes a community-wide consensus toward a conceptual plan and implementation strategy for future downtown development. Members need not be residents of the city.
Public Safety Advisory Board
- All members shall either be city residents or work or attend school within the city.
- At least one member shall be a high school student that is recommended by school administration.
- At least two members shall be owners or managers of businesses located within the city.
- One member shall be affiliated with an associated EMS agency that operates in the City of Port Angeles.
- One member shall be a representative from the Port Angeles School District #121.
- Other members shall be selected, to the extent feasible, to represent diverse segments of the community.
- Eligibility shall not extend to defendants in any pending criminal matter before the courts, nor to those individuals under active supervision by the Department of Corrections.
- The chief of police and the fire chief shall serve as advisors to the board.